Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Pictures! and my letter

Feliz Navidad!!! Feliz Navidad!!! I wanna wish you a Merry Christmas… I wanna wish you a Merry Christmas… I wanna wish you a Merry Christmas…from the bottom of my heart!

Well this is going to be a tiny letter because I want to save some stuff for tomorrow! This week has been long and crazy. But still a good one!

Hna Rivera is on a plane right now heading home! We said goodbye to her yesterday. It was rough. I felt like way off…I was like my best friend…is gone. I didn’t really know what to do. Haha. But we just jumped back into the work and went to our appointments. The night was a good one.
We met this catholic family last week knocking doors. Their name is the Boritza family. They are very humble and willing to listen. We have taught the Restoration Lesson and then Book of Mormon. They have 4 darling grandchildren that are going to be missionaries one day. The grandparents watch all of them a lot and so we have been teaching them as well. We are excited to see where this progresses to.
A lot of the things that we thought were going to pull through didn’t. We are just remembering that it is the Lords will and not ours as well as people have agency. Hopefully things will pan out.  We have had some pretty bad rain storms here one of them was like a mud storm. We came out the next morning and our poor car (white)  was all brown and muddy. We didn’t have time to clean it because it wasn’t pday until today and yesterday president pingree saw it and I was so embarrassed. I apologized but he didn’t seem to care at all. He said that it happened to their car as well.

This week we had a Mission Christmas Conference as well as a Ward Christmas party in the night. So we were basically doing Christmas stuff all day Friday. It was fun to be with all the missionariesPresident Pingree said wow you can play the piano and Hna Rife…you have hidden rapping skills as well. We did a rap for Sister bowcutt who is a senior missionary with elder bowcut. They work in the office and are awesome.  They recorded it and I guess they showed president pingree…haha J Oh well. It was a fun day. There is something so powerful about a 100+ missionaries singing and being together. We sang our Texas Houston Mission Song and This is the Christ together the spirit was strong as it always is for music.

Okay well I need to go for today but I’ll plan on calling you on skype at 4 o’clock mountain standard time in UTAH. Merrryyyyy Christmas and Kylee don’t get on santa’s bad list J Love you all
Hna Rife




No comments:

Post a Comment