Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Feliz Navadid

Dearest Family,

It is still pretty warm here for December. I am looking forward to getting my coat. It has been pretty cold lately. Hermana Rivera is kind enough and she me borrow her jacket in the morning as we run and then I just have been wearing a lot of tights to keep me semi warm. It has been raining a lot and so that doesn't help much but it is good! 

Well I have some exciting news. Hna Rivera is staying until the morning of the 24th. I am so excited to say the least. We have been having a lot of stuff going on and success and we felt like she needed to stay. We have faith that the things planned will pull through. We are lucky to have a few extra days with her. We have had some really good talks the last few days. I am as always learning so much from her. I am going to miss that girl but it will be good. I know that this is what the Lord has planned for me in my mission.

As for Christmas next week, I am so excited to talk to you all. We are still working on a place to Skype but I don’t know if it will happen. I hope it will though. Pray that we can find somewhere to skype. If not I will be calling. I will call before 11 so Grandma can go to listen to Jenessa and Matthew or after around 3. I will let you know for sure next week but just in case I do get to skype try to get your camera so we can. I have been looking forward to this for two weeks. I am so excited. J I am going to be sending a package to you all this week so be watching for it!

This week I had an awesome interview with President Pingree. I just feel so lucky to have him be our mission president. I love talking with him.

On Wednesday we went with our zone to do service and the Houston food bank. Tender  Mercy of the Lord…Real Music J haha. Definitely wasn’t country but we had fun as missionaries singing and dancing to it. It was cool to go serve.

We finished nora’s lights and she is still doing great. I love that lady. She is doing great. Her husband and Daughter are coming around too. We are going to the Mall with Maria her daughter today.

Keep praying for the Lorena Faz and Jose Santillan. I know that prayers and faith will get them to keep progressing. Sorry this email is sort of short but I have some stuff to get done. I’ll give you the set time next week for calling and all of you have a good week. Work hard in school and look for ways to serve.

This week should be good. We get to go the temple on Thursday and then we have Our mission Christmas Conference on Friday and our ward Christmas party Friday night. Hna Koerner and I are singing a duet. It is an strange Spanish song but its okay.

One last thought for the day.

Mosiah 3:19
19 For the anatural bman is an cenemy to God, and has been from the dfall of Adam, and will be, forever and ever, unless he eyields to the enticings of the Holy fSpirit, and gputteth off the hnatural man and becometh a isaint through the atonement of Christ the Lord, and becometh as a jchild, ksubmissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love, willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him, even as a child doth submit to his father.

Basically at the end when it talks about submitting to the Lord was when a cool little thing happened. We don’t always know or understand why we have to go through something but Heavenly Father knows why we are going through trials and all that hard stuff.  I remembered when tyler burnt his had hand and it was really hard for mom and dad to keep scrubbing it and making him cry. It hurt them how it hurts heavenly father to watch us go through trials but I know that just like mom and dad knew that it was better that tyler suffered that pain so he could have full use of his hand heavenly father knows what we have to go through to prepare us to be the people he needs us to be and the people who we can become.

Well I need to get going but I love you all. Take care this week and Remember the reason of this season. Be safe.

Always remember who you are and to whom you belong to. Remember that every action you are doing is important. The littlest sins are still sins and we need to repent of them become better and move forward progressing towards our eternal goal. Make good choices. J

Love your Hemana.

Hna Rife.

No comments:

Post a Comment