Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy New Year!

Hello My Dear Family,

It feels like it has been many moons since we spoke. :) It was so nice to talk to you all. I am so happy you got my package and that you enjoyed the bookmarks and pan dulce. I thought of each of you a lot to try to write and choose something that I felt was perfect for you. I love you all so much! I hope you liked the Jar. I thought it turned out really cute. I just love Texas so sorry that I send you more texas stuff. :) I did get your package and grandpa sams. Thank you so much. I loved the necklace. It was so beautiful. I wore it so proudly the day after I got it. :) Thank you and Kylee girl you have such good taste! :)

I enjoyed seeing all the pictures you send and hearing about your spiritual experiences. It is so beautiful to feel that kind of spirit all the time. Like always the writing and poem was so perfect and I couldn't help but cry. It is those kind of feelings that make me feel and believe that we have a loving Heavenly Father and that His plan is so perfect. I know that it isn't just for coincidence that we are here but it is for a reason. We have purpose and we have to continue to find that daily. 

Our week was good. Because of the Holidays I feel like it has been a little hard to get in with people who aren't members. It is okay though because we had a great week. It was very spiritually uplifting. We had a few bits of great news. Joana got a new job and so she doesn't have to work on sundays anymore. That means she will be in church every week. We have an appointment with them tonight. I am excited to see them. We are going to teach her about Modern Day prophets and a few of the revelations that they have given. She is doing great. She is excited to continue preparing to make these promises with God.

I have some news...I am getting transferred. I know. Kind of Crazy but I know it is Heavenly Father's will. I was a bit shocked cause I thought I would stay since I just had one more. I feel good about it though. It will be a great experience. President Pingree emailed me yesterday and told me that "I know that this last transfer will be one of your very best. Sure love and appreciate you!" He knows it is going to be great! Just as a side note, We ate a lot of tamales and they were fantastic. Don't worry dad, I will learn how to make them.  

Well, I don't really have much else to tell you. I love you all and I am grateful that all of you are my family. :) I hope you have a wonderful new year. This is a perfect time to set new goals and to plan how we are going to change our lives for the better and help other people change their lives as well. Yesterday in church, Bishop Bustos told us to write down some of our goals and then any of the goals that aren't going to help us get closer to Christ and God to erase them. I think that it is so true. Yes, we need to make goals for our life but we need to make sure they are in line with God's will and he will make everything else work out. :) Love you all lots

Remember who you are and who you belong too

Off Finding the Tens of Thousands
Love your little texan. Hermana Rife

Love this Mormon Message

Christmas Eve 2013 with the Flores Family  :)

On exchanges with Hermana Crandall at the Food Bank 

All the missionaries doing service at the Food Bank

No comments:

Post a Comment