Monday, August 26, 2013

"hasta ver, hasta ver, hasta ver nos con el Rey, para siempre Dios este con vos"

Hello my dear sweet family,

How are you all doing? I hope you are all doing well and can feel the love of Heavenly Father. I know that even though this is a hard moment that He loves us so much. I felt that it would be soon. 

Grandma Vedana is truly a very special and remarkable woman. I love her so much. She has influenced and touched the lives of so many. I will always remember all of the fun times we had with her. She has a smile and laugh that are contagious, a heart that is big and always giving and a testimony and faith that never has been hid because she lived it and showed it through her example. I love you Grandma! I know she is finally free from pain and  nothing is holding her down! I know that we are going to see her again. 

This week went by really quick. It was a beautiful week. We had a lot of success this week. I love my mission. It is the best ever. I had to do two exchanges this week. The first one was with Hermana Tanner. We stayed in Bear Creek. It was awesome. We had a conflict with a lady wanting to feed us and having an appointment with an investigator. We asked if we could bring him and she said yes. We have been teaching Alfonzo, Elisa, and Eugenio for about 2 months. They have been progressing but slowly. Eugenio has been having a bit of a hard time and he was the only one who was able to come. He fit in perfectly with the Alverez family. They were awesome. He told them about how he really enjoyed everything that we had been teaching them, but especially the plan of salvation. He opened up a lot about the book of mormon and how he has been feeling a lot of peace and tranquility as he reads. The spirit was so strong as we were teaching and we extended a baptismal date. He accepted. He is preparing for the 21st of sept. We are really excited for him. 

The Gil Family is doing good. They are reading a bit and we had a few really solid appointments with them this week.
Hna Rivera was randomly in texas and she was at the stake conference that i was at. I was so surprised. It was really awesome to see her and talk to her for a few minutes. She is so wonderful. We were planning to go to breakfast this morning with the Santillans but then it didn't happen because she had to leave. She loves you all so much. She told me a few things. She said she went to a pool party with kendra and that kylee gave her this cute little heart. She loves you all. :) She also told me how she called kendra and that she started crying when she found out that she had just seen me. :) It made me feel good. Love you ken. 

Even though Hermana Rivera wasn't able to make it. The Santillans drove up to bear creek and went to ihop. I feel we completed what we were supposed to do. It was really great. They are such wonderful people. I love them a lot. We will see what happens. We talked to them a lot about the spirit and how God can do anything. It was really good and hopefully they will start moving again.

I hope you know how much I love you all. I hope you all feel peace this week as you attend the funeral and have family time. Grandma is a wonderful person and she will be greatly missed. I am so grateful for the understanding that we have about life after this, that families can be together forever and that  we can have the holy spirit to give us comfort in these moments of difficulty. Love you all so much.  Sending lots of love and hugs from texas

Take care and I'll talk to you soon.

Off finding the tens of thousands! Remember who you are and to whom you belong too.
Love hermana rife



Hermana Rife with Eugenio

Hermana Rife with Jose & Lorena

Hermana Knappen and Hermana Rife with Jose & Lorena

No comments:

Post a Comment