Monday, October 7, 2013

Fall is in the Air...

Hello Family! I hope all is well! I don't have much time today soo i am sorry that this is going to be short. We have a bunch of stuff to do today and so I am on a tight schedule. I appreciate the time you took to write me! :) 

Highlights of the Week:

Conference: Oh my goodness. I loved conference soooo much! It was the best thing ever. When it was over I was super pumped to go out and do missionary work. I love the gospel. It is so inspiring. Anyone who listens to the messages will gain a testimony of the importance of living prophets and apostles, as well as furthered revelation. I know that those men and women are called of God to give us the revelation and guidance that we need in our lives. Do you have your "game plan" I know there are lots of mormons in utah but there are people that we need to be strengthening and uplifting. 

Last night we got some surprising news. This week is transfers but we received calls last night instead of tuesday night. Hermana Knappen is going to be transferred. I will be receiving a new companion tomorrow morning. I don't know if I will be training or what will be going on. Sooo until next week. I will miss Hermana Knappen but Heavenly Father knows what He needs done.

This week, I have learned a lot about the atonement. I am so grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ and for the power that it has to lift me and change me and help me repent. I also am grateful for the plan of salvation and for the perfect plan of God. He has prepared the way. We have to do all in our power to obey so that we can live worthily of the spirit and have His guidance to direct our paths for good. 

We are seeing progression in our dear friends whom we are teaching. We are trying to help them understand the importance of this message. We are trying to help them understand the purpose of this life and realize that the decisions they make will effect their future. Just like we heard so many times yesterday and saturday. Eugenio, Elisa, and Alfonzo came to conference yesterday. They liked it. They have some great questions. They will be going back to Mexico at the end of this month. We are praying for a miracle but we are also well aware that it is not our timing. If it does by chance happen to be our timing then that will be a wonderful blessing. 

Honestly about Hawaii....I have no idea what I am going to for sure do for school or work. I am kind of in a denial/don't want to think about it stage. From what I feel. I think I am going to start school in the fall. Or maybe summer semester. I don't think it will be until fall. I also am not sure what I will be doing for work. I feel like June will work out fine for me. I can just tell whoever I will be working for that I will need time off when I interview for the job. I am not sure what I will be doing. Sorry I am not much help. 

Here is a few pictures. One with the elders in our ward! elder stanford is leaving. His grandparents live in our ward i believe. That is what he told me. They wrote him and told him. 

That thing I ate is from honduras and is called a leeche. Hermana Alcantara told us that it is the fruit from the tree in lehi's dream. :) 

I love you a lot. Remember who you are and to whom you belong to. Off finding the tens of thousands

Love hermana rife

Hermana Rife and Hermana Knappen
(Kynsie didn't tell us who these other people are...I'm assuming perhaps a family they are working with.)

Something she ate called a Leeche from Honduras

She said that Hermana Alcantara told them that it is the fruit from the tree in Lehi's dream!  :)

"The Elders in our ward!"  

No comments:

Post a Comment