Monday, September 16, 2013

hopefully you are able to get this. It isn't working..I keep getting failed responses...

Hellllloooo! How are you all doing?

Who did tyler go to homecoming with??? Cory Garrett got married? Woah. Didn't know he was getting hitched. I was thinking about Christian Terry the other day so thank you for letting me know about him! :) 

This week has been a wonderful one. We have a LOT of less actives or inactive's in our ward. We have been working hard with them so that we can get them reactivated and they have friends who aren't members and so we are hoping to get two birds with one stone. Find people to teach as well as reactivate and bring some wandering souls back to the path. 

We had a few really special experiences. The first one was with the Valerio family. Hno Valerio is super faithful and strong but his family isn't. We went over there and visited with his wife and him. We were able to relate the conversation we were having about the blessings of heaven exactly into the lesson that we wanted to teach about God's love for us and the blessings of the gospel of Christ. We talked about 3 nephi 14: 7-11. I think it really touched her and she told us that we are welcome in their home whenever we want. We felt that it is her time and the Lord is preparing her to come back. 

We also visited with a another Family. Their name is the Cantus. We read a passage in the scriptures and their daughter started crying and told us that she really needed this message. I know I have said it many times but seriously, Heavenly Father is so involved in our lives. He loves us so much and wants us to have success and happiness. He is prepared to give us what we need in the exact moment that we need it. It was special that it could touch her heart the way it did.

Well I know you are all probably dying to hear about our three amigos. Alfonzo, Eugenio and Elisa. Let me let you know what is happening. Man. they are AWESOME. This week we had two really spiritual lessons with him. We made swedish pancakes for them and then we watched the testaments with the Ramierez family. It went great. They loved the swedish pancakes. They were amazed that we made them. Thank you Grandma Vedana! :) Anyways. So by the end of the movie they were all crying and we had a beautiful moment to share our testimonies about the book of mormon and about the savior. Thursday we were able to talk with them about the Sabbath day and a bit about prophets. We invited them to be baptized again and they told us that they needed more time. Alfonzo starts telling us about how he needs to be ready and worthy to receive this beautiful gift from God. He basically feels that he wants to be really perfect and ready so that he can be worthy of it. We are trying to help him understand that he won't be perfect and that that is why we have the atonement. Then he tells us, hermanas, We are part of a band and I can't continue playing in the band if I get baptized because I want to just devote my life to God and write songs about Jesus Christ. :D He is such a sweet man. I love them a lot.

At the end of the lesson they were telling us how much they loved us and how grateful they are for Heavenly Father for sending us to them. They have really felt the spirit and now it is just about getting them to act. Now it isn't a matter of if they are going to be baptized but when. We are planning a really wonderful lesson about the gospel for tomorrow. SO EXCITED!

We were reunited. Who? Well Hermana Koerner and I. To celebrate we ate a chili whole from a plant and almost died. SOOOOO HOT! haha we were laughing so hard. I am going to try to attach the video that was taken by accident instead of a picture. :) We had a good exchange. It was really fun. I am so excited because I have some great news to share. I found a few people who are ready to get their temple work done! I am going to send you the papers. I have like five names for Tyler and Tanner to be baptized for and one for Kendra and then mom and dad you two can do the rest. The first lady that I found. I am going to keep her to do her work. :) Sooo please do them sooon. They are waiting for their pass to progression. Hermana Koerner is basically a family history search ninja. It was so neat that we could find them! LOVE FAMILY HISTORY WORK. 

A side note. I think i can officially pull off being latina. I made rice and beans from scratch and it was super yummy. Expect a super yummy meal when I come home! HIJOLE!!!! :D

Atonement and Repentance: This week, I have been studying a lot about Atonement and repentance and how we can apply it. I know that through the Atonement of Christ we can really be healed of all that we have gone through. I have truly felt that power as I have healed from the past on my mission. I know it is possible. I loved this quote in this talk. "healing comes when we move away from the darkness and walk toward the hope of a brighter light. It was in the practical application of faith, hope, and charity that she not only transformed her own life but forever blessed the lives of many, many others" You should all watch it! 


Hey...start preparing for conference. It is going to be really good and if we come prepared with questions. Heavenly Father will answer them and give us further guidance.

PS. Grandma!!! you are the best ever! LOVED YOUR LETTER!!!

Okay. I love you all. I miss you all. I am excited for Hawaii but i still have forever in TEXAS!

Hasta Luego!! Off finding the tens of thousands. Remember who you are and to whom you belong to.

Love your missionary

Hermana Rife

Alfonzao, Eugenio and Elisa eating Swedish pancakes that Kynsie and her companion made.
Kynsie said, "They were amazed that we made them.  Thank you Grandma Vedana!  :) "

To celebrate being reunited with Hermana Koerner (a former companion) they ate a chili whole from a plant and almost died.   "SOOOOOO Hot!"  haha they were laughing so hard.

Finding the family history work.  

"A side note....I think I can officially pull of being latina!"  Her home-cooked mexican meal!  
"Expect a super yummy meal when I come home!  HIJOLE!!! :D" 

No comments:

Post a Comment