Monday, July 22, 2013

Hello Hello!

Hi family! how are you all doing? It sounds like you all had an awesome week full of adventure and greatness. :) I am glad you are all safe. I remember feeling the same way on the hike up mount timp. I thought I was going to die and I thought I was going to fall off the mountain. It was sooo scary. I remember at the end I really wanted to die. I made it through though and I wouldn't mine doing it again sometime in the future. I am glad you are all safe.

Sooooo I have been moved. I was transferred to bear creek 2 ward. It is in Houston again. I don't really know for sure where it is but I think it is to the west of the office. who knows though. It is nice here. Hermana Rivera and Gutierrez served her and they loved it. I have heard tons of good things about it. I am glad to be here. I was and still am a bit sad about leaving oakcrest. I loved it there so much and I loved hermana crandall but mission life is mission life and you do what heavenly father wants. I thought I was safe because I hadn't received any calls so I thought okay i don't have to train or open a new area. Then wednesday night i got a call. I was like NOOOOO it was the aps. They asked me to trio train and be the training sister leader and elder barney now calls me commander rife. :D haha. He is funny. I am the sister training leader for my zone so I am in charge of the sisters in my zone, doing exchanges with each of them each transfer and have to give training at times when called upon by the zone leaders. Elder Torres and Elder Wesley Valdez are the zone leaders so that will be fun! Also this girl named sidney elliott is in my mission. Kendra knows her. I met her this last week. Hermana Knappen is my companion and Hermana Heybourne was my other companion but she was an english sister and president received information that she was a hermana but wasn't and so she was with us for 2 days and then went with english sisters. I felt bad for her because she couldn't understand much and could speak only a little from what she had learned in high school. Hermana Knappen has been out for 2 transfers and she her family lives in Wasila Alaska. I thought dad would think that was cool! :) She is really nice and I am learning a lot from her!

A lot of wonderful things are happening here. We have a baptism this week with a man named carlos he is 23 and is super awesome. He is really prepared. The sisters have not been teaching him for that long and he is ready. We are working with a few other really prepared people. Ana is another who is super ready. Her sons and daughters are members. Her son is one a mission and her other son served a mission. She came to church yesterday and she was telling us how her son said, mom send me pictures of your baptism and she is like okay that sounds good! :) They ward seems awesome. A lot of people remember hermana rivera and love her dearly. Who wouldn't though! :) 

Saying bye to my good friends in Oakcrest was a bit hard. I love them all and miss them a lot. Hermana Crandall and I talked on the phone last night and she told me that Valentine and Christina came to church yesterday and told them that they are going to get married and then get baptized in 5 weeks after her divorce goes through. She also told me that  a less active family called the Manriques that we had been working with came to church and that they loved it. Daniel and Tirsa came too. I am excited for them and when I get the call about them getting baptized. 

I am adjusting to the new ways of Bear Creek. I like it here though a lot. I love my mission. I will be forever grateful for these experiences that i am having. Even though it is hard, I love them and just like you said. The things that are worthwhile in life are hard. My testimony of the atonement and of my Savior has changed and grown so much. I love the gospel and how blessed am I that I  can be here sharing it with people who don't know about how much Heavenly Father loves them and the blessings that are waiting for them if they just follow the Plan of God. The plan of Happiness. Something that I have really come to love and appreciate on my mission is Inner Peace. Before my mission I don't think i really had it. Here it is so different. Crazy things can be happening all around but my soul feels at peace. I really think it is because we always strive to have the Holy Spirit with us. I found a scripture that I wanted to share with you all. Well...two.

The first is in Romans 15:13 " 13 Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and apeace in believing, that ye may abound in bhope, through the power of the Holy Ghost."

D&C 11 
11 For, behold, it is I that speak; behold, I am the alight which shineth in darkness, and by my bpower I give these words unto thee.
 12 And now, verily, verily, I say unto thee, put your atrust in thatbSpirit which cleadeth to do dgood—yea, to do ejustly, to walkfhumbly, to gjudge righteously; and this is my Spirit.
 13 Verily, verily, I say unto you, I will impart unto you of my Spirit, which shall aenlighten your bmind, which shall fill your soul with cjoy;
 14 And then shall ye know, or by this shall you know, all things whatsoever you desire of me, which are pertaining unto things ofarighteousness, in faith believing in me that you shall receive.
I know that as we strive for the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost that we will have this inner peace and hope that life is going to be okay if we just trust in the Lord. I know that the Holy Ghost will illuminate our soul and help us choose the right and always follow the Lords plan for us. 

I love you all so much and I hope you all are still reading the scriptures daily. Take care. I love you all

My new direction is 
15903 Yorktown Crossing Parkway
Apartment #1223
Houston Texas 77084

Remember who you are and to whom you belong to.
Off finding the tens of thousands

Hermanita Rife


The Cowans

The Reye's and the Ruiz's

The Casco's

And Laurie...
"our sweet office lady who I love. I gave her a book of mormon with my testimony and a picture of Christ and she cried. She is soooo special. Love her."

If Kynsie is anything like me change is always difficult and I'm sure she had a difficult time saying good-bye to the wonderful people she met in Oakcrest.  They will always hold a special place in her heart and she in theirs.  So grateful for this gospel that allows us to grow and have experiences to meet these choice people whom we call "friends".

1 comment:

  1. The new area won't be the same, but in time, it WILL BE just as good as Oakcrest!!

    ReplyDelete