Monday, June 17, 2013

It flew by...

HELLOOOO Family,

how are you all doing? It sounds like all of you are just sooo busy and involved in wonderful things. I loved seeing all of those pictures. It looks like a lot of fun. Happy Fathers day Daddy - o. Sorry I am basically really lame and didn't send you a card but don't worry you will get one soon! Know that I love you and I am so grateful for all that you do for me! I hope that your toe is getting better and that you are enjoying your otter pops and zero chair.

This week seriously flew by. I can't believe how fast time is flying. We had a really awesome week though. It was crazy to see Bishop Hoopes but fun as well. We were excited that he could take frank to the conference. Okay a few awesome miracles that happened!

Maria y Emily : Maria and Emily are doing so great. They are reading, they loved church and we were able to commit Emily to getting baptized as well. Maria just understands it. We watched Joseph Smith Restoration movie with them and they really liked it. Maria was tearing up. It was really special. Sadly they weren't able to come to church yesterday but we will be seeing them this week.

We ran into Frank - Black Frank again this week. He told us that he had been thinking a ton about us and he has been telling people about us. He asked us some questions about  missionary work and when we told him that we don't talk to our families he started to cry and express how wonderful this sacrifice is that we make to preach the gospel of Christ. All week i had been feeling that we needed to go to this investigator fireside but we didn't have anyone who spoke english. It just came to my head to invite Frank. He said yes he would come but that he needed a ride. Then everything happened with Bishop Hoopes and I thought it went perfect. Frank loved the fireside and i think it really helped him to understand about this gospel and why we are different. He just randomly called us on Saturday night to thank us again for the chance he had to come with us. I know that God is working with him to help him accept and listen to the message.

President Pingree and Elder Golden spoke at the fireside and it was beautiful because it was like they were teaching the first lesson as missionaries. It was awesome to see how they explained things and how strong the spirit was as they spoke. I seriously learned so much about how to teach and how i can teach better to explain the principles of the first lessons better. Elder Golden is a very special man. He is very educated all well.

On Friday we had the chance to have a zone conference with him. Hermana Hansen sang I heard him come and I played. It was a bit nerve racking playing for him but I thought it went very well. :) He spoke and I learned so much just about missionary work and the principles of the gospel. I know that he is called of God and that he is a true servant of the Lord. He is a special witness of Christ. It was wonderful to meet him and talk with him. He did a special trainers meeting at the end and it was very powerful. It was a small group, when he was bearing his testimony I could feel the spirit so strong. I also received an answer to one of my questions that i have had for a little bit. It was very comforting. As he was answering it. He seriously looked right at me. In my face. I know that Heavenly Father wanted to make sure I knew that he was talking to me. It was a wonderful day and I ate american food. It was the first home cooked american meal i have eaten in 10 months. Hawaiian Haystacks! It was pretty good but not as good as Mom's food. Just saying! :)

Saturday was awesome. We helped the cowan family paint their house and we got to visit with their parents. They aren't members. They are so nice and I think that they will eventually accept the Gospel. They have the cutest family and the most darling little boy named Nathan! We also had the neatest lesson with Maggie and Luis. We contacted them about 2 weeks ago and they told us that we could come back. We went back and got to know them a bit more and taught the restoration. The spirit was really strong the whole time. Luis said sooo you are telling me that Joseph Smith saw God and then He also told us Well I think that I have the same question as joseph smith. What church am I supposed to join? He said he and maggie are going to put in the time to really find out if this is true. I feel really good about them. They told us how sisters used to come to visit them but they don't really remember anything about what they would teach just that they loved praying with them and that they really loved the sisters. When Luis said the last prayer it was totally how we pray. It was really special. I am excited to go back to see them

Well I think that is about it. This week has been really special and i have just felt the spirit a lot. I love this work. I know it is true and I know that this church is true. I know that Jesus Christ died for us so that we can be cleansed from sin and so we can always know that he is there with us. I know that God loves each one of us and that we are his Children. He knows us personally and knows our needs. He knows what will help us and all we need to do is turn to him. I love the scriptures. They are sacred and precious and we need to be studying them daily to be able to stay close to God and stay on the straight and narrow.

I love you all so much and I am thankful for your love and support. Thank you for the little package and the card. It was a nice surprise. I hope all of you are taking good care of yourself and remembering who you are and to whom you belong too.

Love you
off finding the 10's of 1000's
hermana rife

A family in Kynsie's ward
Itzia and Jose
"Cutest little girls EVER!"

I saw this picture on facebook that Bishop Hoopes had posted with this caption:
"Sister Rife and her companions. Dinner at Red Robin in Tomball, Texas. Testimonies shared over a hamburger. Priceless."

With Bishop Hoopes

American Food for a Change!  Hawaiian Haystacks...Yum!!!

"America!!!! my planner. Cute right? :) I love america!!!!"

Doing Yoga!!!  

 Mission Tour with Elder Golden

No comments:

Post a Comment