Monday, June 17, 2013

Hello from Houston!!! (Dated June 10, 2013)

Hello Family!

How are you all doing? It sounds like you have all had quite the week? I am sorry about kylee girl being sick. Thanks for the picture of her with the strawberries. It is seriously darling! :D I loved it. I think I will probably print it out! Kylee girl. There is a card in the mail for you! Happy Birthday Little Lady!!! I love you and miss you! :) It sounds like you all had a good time on the trek. I am glad you could have those experiences. Some of my funniest memories are from youth conferences and such. I think they are hard and a lot of work but definitely worth it!

This week was very interesting. Do you want to hear the truth right about now I want to cry. haha. I have been feeling yucky all week. I have been sick to my stomach and not sleeping good. I think I am kind of stressed about training and trying to help all these people. Last night I woke up and was sick from about 4:30-9. I am feeling a bit better but I am so tired. We were doing companionship study and I told hermana crandall. I just feel like crying. Really really I am good though but today I am going to take a nap so that I can hopefully get some strength in my body. Hermana Crandall and I have had some sort of bug. We have been sick all week long. It sounds like the week we have all been sick. Utah and Texas. Poor Kylee, has it been 24 hours yet? Cute girl.

Okay well, Other than that, things are going really good. We had a very successful week. We were able to set 3 baptismal dates with Fransisco, Maria, and Panoncio (the uncle of Fransisco) Maria came to church yesterday with her 3 children. She really like it. We are super excited for them. :) They are progressing really well.  Maria told us that she is seeing the blessings of the gospel in her life. She said her husband is more happy and more relaxed and even wanting to come to church.

Daniel, Tirsa, chris, jon and princess and hermana campos - tirsa's mom. were all at church again yesterday. I love them so much. They are such a special family. We talked to daniel a little and he is reading the book of mormon. He is sooo quite but opening up little by little. Hispanics are so funny. yesterday during sunday school they were joking around about when juan (another investigator) gets baptized who will make the cake and bring the food. Two hermanas were bantering playfully over it and then one of them looks at daniel and says. Hno you aren't baptized either right? He said...no. She said well forget about all of that I am making you your cake! We were all just laughing super hard. Daniel even thought it was pretty good. They make me laugh. I love this ward and these people. :D

This week we have visited a few members and had some really special experiences with them. As we have been planning for them we have felt to share specific things and we don't even know them that well. With two appointments we felt specifically to share the book of mormon and commit them to reading it. Both times they confessed to us that they weren't reading and by the end of the appointment we were able to commit them to doing it. It was so special to feel the Lord working through us. It happens a lot but those two just were very meaningful. Sometimes it just hits me as I am studying or sharing my testimony about how special this work is. It is a good reminder for me to remember what i am doing and not just get caught away in the work. 



Well you are all probably wondering about my new companion. Her name is Hermana Hansen and she is from Spanish Fork. Hermana Crandall and her know the same people. She is a sweet girl. She is waiting for her visa to go to peru, cusco? Yup. Emperor's new groove style. It is fun to have a third person. She is adding another dynamic to our companionship. It is good to learn and get new perspectives on things.

We had a blast with Hermana Folsem. She is seriously hilarious. We were always laughing and talking. It was fun to be able to spend a few days with her. Well I am going to send ya'll some photos. Hope you all have a wonderful week and that you can rest a bit and get some extra sleep and that no one gets sick. Love you all soooooo much. You are my favorite family in the world!!!!!
Off finding the tens of thousands and remember who you are and to whom you belong too.

Ps I seriously love texas. I can't wait to bring ya'll here It is the best ever! I love pretty much everything about life right now. This is soooo wonderful. Ps. I basically am not picky food wise anymore. I love watermelon. I know I know. I am like another person. Hermana Folsem and us and Hermana Hanson and us. (she is the blonde one)

Love your texan. Hermana Rife

Kynsie's New Threesome!  
Sister Crandall and Sister Hanson 
(Both are from Spanish Fork)

Kind of a Fun Thing...Kynsie was able to be companions with Sister Folsem who is Amy Bingham's niece for three days!  
"We had a blast!   She is seriously hilarious."

Who is this girl that now likes watermelon and other foods that she seriously DID NOT LIKE when she was home?!!!  Crazy girl...I would always tell her, "Just try them...You might like them!"  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment