Monday, February 3, 2014

Bringing Sunshine to Souls

Hi Family!!!

How are you all doing? I am glad to hear that Kylee has recovered from her little experience. (Kylee had accidentally swallowed magnets and had a fun trip to the hospital.) She is looking quite cute in those new glasses! :) I loved all the pictures you sent. Grandma and Kinley looked really nice too. I did get your email from last week dad. Thank you for those scriptures. It is a very good one. :) I am so grateful and lucky that I have such good support within my family. :) Whenever it is hard, I just have to remember that you are praying for me and then I somehow find the strength to do it. :)

This week was really good. A lot of wonderful things happened. I was not sleeping very good and had a lot of anxiety and I felt like I needed to get a blessing. I asked President Bayles our branch president for one. He was so kind and was able to give me a blessing. Hermana Durham, He, and I talked for a little before just about what was going on. It helped me a lot to talk with him. He gave me a beautiful blessing. I know that everything is going to be okay. I have had a lot of peace ever since Tuesday. I was told in the blessing to not worry about anything that would come because Heavenly Father would give it to me step by step as He needed me to know what I need to do. When we were talking he said, hermana rife, just look at today. Don't look at what is going to happen, just focus on the little things so that you don't overwhelm yourself. It has helped me a bunch. I am so grateful for the Priesthood and for the direction that Heavenly Father gives us. 

Exchange with Hermana Crandall: Hermana Crandall was able to come with me to waller on an exchange. It was a great day! I just love her! :) We had a great restoration lesson with this lady named Ida. Ida is sort of a Jehovah's Witness but she isn't but her mother is and many of the things that she was taught when she was young are from them. It was a great experience and a first. I have actually never taught someone who is a JW. I have talked to many but never taught them. She accepted it and said that it made a lot of sense. She said that she would pray about Joseph Smith. It was a really good day!


Miracles from Bear Creek: On Thursday, we went to the temple. Have I told you how much I love the temple? Probably so many times but I love it. After I was able to talk to Hermana Hill for a few minutes and she was telling me so many miracles that have been happening in Bear Creek. It was amazing! :) I just have to share them! They taught Johana's brother and mom at her house and her brother asked for a book of mormon. We would always teach at Shane's house so that is a huge jump! They are really making progress with A&V. The family I was helping teach their daughters to play the piano.V would NEVER pray. He didn't want a book of mormon. He was super awesome when we came over. He would listen to the messages but we wouldn't be able to teach them. It was just little messages. I felt like they were preparing him. Hna Hill told me that they taught the coolest lesson about the plan and they said can we end with a prayer? V said, Yes, I will go ahead and offer that! :) He has been reading everything they leave him to read. He has a lot of questions and is looking to the Missionaries for answers. It was so cool to hear that. The Flores family hit it off great with the Alvarez and committed to going to church. I am not sure if they did but they wouldn't ever commit and they committed. A less actives husband has been reactivated and is preparing to go to the temple. Before...he wouldn't ever come to church but now has been coming and they are super strong. <3 bear creek <3 beautiful miracles

Sanchez: We were able to to see the Sanchez 2 times this week. They READ the book of mormon. I just love them so much. They just bring joy to my day whenever we can go see them. They have felt the spirit and it is just about getting them to get to church. Hopefully this week. :)

Being a missionary is the best thing ever. It is such a beautiful experience to be able to bring the light of the gospel to these peoples lives. The spirit brings warmth and joy. Basically Sunshine to the soul. :) I know that through Jesus Christ all is possible and we can be happy because of Him and what He did. I know God's plan is perfect. I know that because of this wonderful message we can see light through even the most cloudy of days. There is always Hope because of Christ. I am grateful for this chance I have to serve. :) I love you all so much. Thank you for your love and support! I hope your week is filled with a lot of great things.

The Hope of Gods Light

Remember who you are and to whom you belong to. Off finding the 10s of 1000s
Love you! Your lil' Texan,

Hermana Rife

Sorry, no pictures today. I forgot my camera at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment