Monday, February 18, 2013

Happy Double P-Day. Preparation and Presidents.


Hello Family,
Hope all is well in Provo. It sounds like you all had a great week. I just got your email! :) Thanks for writing it. I loved reading it. It was an awesome week here in tomball texas! our area is really bit it goes down in to spring and up to magnolia. I got a bunch of your mail yesterday. The aps brought it to me at church from my other apartment. I had five letters. It was a ton. I also had a few pictures from Giselle and Madison Becerra my old little investigators. They are so cute! I am going to try to send a bunch of pictures today but we will see how much time I have. Let me know if there is anything I can do for Jeness. I hope that she is feeling okay. I will keep her in my prayers.
A funny little story. The more I sleep with people in my room the more I find out how much I talk in my sleep. Hna Gutierrez told me that I was straight up teaching a lesson in Spanish the other night in my sleep and i was asking if the person would say a prayer and explaining some other stuff. She told me I was really close to waking you up because I thought man that has got to be exhausting. She isn't even resting when it is time to rest! haha. :) I am at least glad it was in Spanish and that I was at least practicing that! She is really fun to live with. We are always laughing and having a good time. I am glad that I have companions that can just laugh at my craziness and don't think i am too psycho! haha
We had a great week because we got to see a bunch of little miracles and we have 7 new investigators to teach! Woo Hoo :) We had been praying a lot to find some people and Heavenly Father blessed us a lot. I was so happy. I just want to share a few little things.
We were going to contact a old investigator that some missionaries were teaching. We parked the car and we were walking down the road. We saw this lady and just said hello. She was trying to weed her garden. We asked if she needed help. She said yes please. She has something wrong and can't stand or anything so it is rough for her to take care of her yard. We got it cleaned up really quick we started to talk to her and ended up teaching her about our church. She said that she kept looking at our car and was like I feel like I need to talk to those two girls. She is now taking the lessons from the sisters who are English! It was so neat that the Lord directed her in our path and that she felt before we were even out of the car that she needed to talk to us. Her name is Nanette. Hna Gutierrez can't remember names very well and she was praying and she said...and Please bless our new friend Nutella. I said Nanette and she was like Yeah yeah, You know who I mean!  :) haha We know what was on her mind! Just kidding. She always is like who is that person.
We went to contact a different reference another night and this gentleman was walking down the road. I just told him hello and Hna Gutierrez asked if we could give him a card. He said oh yes, I love reading those things. She said oh well I will give you a book then! So we gave him the book of Mormon. He said are you all hungry? We had just eaten but we told him yes! haha He invited us over to his house because they were having a party for his grandson who had just got baptized in the catholic church that day. I was laughing at the situation. "Baptists at our BBQ" Or Mormons...we sang a hymn for them and got a return appointment. It was neat. It is going to be a wonderful day when they are telling their conversion story about how they met the Mormons!

Yesterday we had stake conference. It was really a nice conference. It was for 77 stakes or something in Texas, Mexico and Oklahoma. Dad were you over that or your team? Elder Scott, Eyring and Elder Piper? and Sister stevens spoke. It was in Spanish for us but I still really enjoyed it. If you were over it can you get me a copy of those talks in English? :) I love how bold elder scott is about how women need to have respect for themselves and how men need to respect them. I love the power and authority you can feel behind those men!
Last night we had an awesome lesson with Alex and Brenda. We watched the restoration movie and we talked about the book of Mormon. They are evangelicals and very involved in their church. They always go to church but we went yesterday and asked them how church was and they said that they didn't go. Alex told us that he has been wanting to go and they said that they should. They were both looking at us and then it clicked. They were not talking about their church but our church. We were like OHHHH yes yes come please. Alex said that he wants to go to gain the experience. When we were talking about the book of Mormon, Brenda talked about how we shouldn't add more to the bible. Alex said but the bible was changed and how are we going to know if this is the word of God if we don't read and study it. He has been thinking about it and the Holy Ghost is teaching him. They both committed to reading it. They are so special. It is amazing to me that I can love them so much with only knowing them for about a week and a half.
We are also working with less actives in this ward. I think we are making some wonderful progress with 3 of them. We found out some of the reasons why they stopped so we are now able to focus more on helping them over come them. It was a awesome week and I could see Heavenly Fathers hand through out it!  
I love this little story from the bible in Luke 10:38-42
 38 ¶Now it came to pass, as they went, that he entered into a certain village: and a certain woman named aMartha received him into her house.
 39 And she had a sister called Mary, which also sat at Jesus’ feet, and heard his word.
 40 But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me.
 41 And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art acareful and troubled about many things:
 42 But one thing is needful: and Mary hath achosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.
Choose the Good part! Remember who you are and to whom you belong to.
Love you lots and lots and lots! :) Off finding the 10s of 1000s.


Hermana Rife

Pictures - Arrandas with our old district for hermana koerners birthday
With the Bercerras. Justin, Gisellie, Madison and Jr.
With Bishop Escobar and His Family.
Hermana Gutierrez and I at I love Boba? It is weird and I didn't like it but everyone was raving about it so we tried it one day for lunch

Arrandas with District for Hermana Koerner's Birthday

Kynsie with the Bercerras
(Justin, Gisellie, Madison and Jr.)

Bishop Escobar and his family with Kynsie

Kynsie and her new companion Sis. Gutierrez

And...
a few pics from their apartment that she and her comp. had to "clean and clean...
and scrub and did a bunch of work
in order to feel comfortable in putting their feet on the carpet!!!"
She stated in her email that it was "bigger than my other one but it was nasty."
After doing this she says,
"I can actually live there in peace now."












They even have a Balcony!!!
Their apartment looks pretty dang nice to me!!!  :)

Good Job on the cleaning Kyns!


They have a fire station next door to them.  
Thought I would add this picture because it shows the
"BEAUTIFUL Texas skies" that Kynsie was describing to us in one of our letters.

1 comment:

  1. Your daughter is def. Someone special. I don't know her very well since she was just transferred to our branch about a month ago. But I'm so happy I found the blog. She is such a wonderful person. I look forward to getting to know her better. :) (btw I went to high school with Brittney Dame)

    ReplyDelete