Thursday, November 15, 2012

On October 27th the boys got their LETTERS!!! :)

The letters to the boys had been written on Oct. 22, 2012

Daddy-O
Hey Hey!  Hows it going?  I decided I am going to try to switch off every week.  Girls one week & Boys the other.  I don't have the time to write everyone each week and get all the stuff done that we need to.  We have to email, clean our apartment, shop, put our groceries away,do study, run other errands (doctor, hair cuts) & then our night stars at 6.  You know the drill.  We normally try to  have a little break from it all as well & go play volleyball with our zone or do an activity of some sort for an hour or so.  I always feel bad when I am sitting at the activity writing letters!  So I am going to TRY it this way.  I also don't like getting behind on writing people.  The Harringtons, (Jason & Robyn) & their family wrote me and sent me pictures that their Kids drew for me in family night.  It was very nice.  I also have heard from the Wilcox's (Brad and Debi), Jana Hill & Sister Cook sends me the newsletter every month. Oh, and Sister (New Relief Society President) sent me an email last week.  Can you or Mom tell her thanks?  I only email family.  I can email others but then I would be disobeying so I can't!  :)  So...how is the ward?  Do you like your new calling?   How's work?  You survived another session of Conference.  That is so cool that your team gets to help spread those wonderful messages around!  Well right now we are in the doctor's office.  Hna. Busenbark has a planter's wart so she's getting that taken care of .  I am just sitting on this really comfortable couch.  So I can handle waiting.  Honestly it feels nice to just sit and not have to talk Spanish or use all the brain power I have to try to understand what is being said.  At times it is very frustrating.  I know I need to be patient but it's hard listening and really not having a single clue of what they are saying.  Oh well.  With time.  Hno. Villarruel is from Argentina and always compliments me on the lack of accent I have which is I guess way good from him or that is what Hna. Rivera tells me.  I really like my companions but at times it's hard being the "new girl"  in the trio.  They are like best friends and I feel pretty left out/3rd wheel with them at times.  It doesn't bug me that much but it's just hard at times cause I almost feel like I am a burden.  They whisper and tell little secrets a ton or know what each other is thinking?make comments but if I ask what they are laughing or talking about they will just ignore me or say don't worry about it.  I feel alone at times but I try to just focus on the work  & I try to find ways to serve them.  I also just pray that I can not feel left out and that I will not be affected by it.  It could be lots worse because they are very consecrated missionaries, very obedient and we do all get along.  One of the reasons why they whisper is because of spiritual promptings they are receiving.  That is the other thing next to Spanish that is way hard for me.  I am doing my very best and really trying to be exactly obedient but I don't get huge spiritual promptings like they do.  I get little thoughts sometimes.  I can feel the spirit and I can feel when Satan is around and when we need to leave because danger is near but this other stuff....I don't get it.  I don't know if I can't receive it cause I am not being a good enough missionary or if I don't know how to feel it.  They are just so sure and I am like....I don't know if it is the spirit or me.  I am not being disobedient so I hope it will just come with time.  Also, in Moroni 7 (I think)  it talks about if it is good works it is of God and bad works/fruit it is of Satan but do you have any other advice or did you feel like this when you were on you mission?  I really do love my mission but it is hard work.  I feel very inadequate to what I am doing.  I don't talk to my comps.  or anyone about it much just write in my journal and I let it out in prayer.  So sorry that this is coming out on you and Mom(cause I know she will read it)  :)  I can see the Lord's hand in this work daily.  It is so neat.  I always feel so blessed to see the miracles that are happening. When a miracle happens it's hard to stop smiling.  :)  It's  true that bringing souls to Christ is the thing that will bring you the most joy.  Seeing people change is like such an amazing experience.  I would love to read some of your mission journals or entries Dad if you have them.  You could just send copies of the pages.  I didn't get the chance to read your testimony of temple bu I know it is so amazing.  I'm printing it out later today.  It will bless the lives of many people.  I am going to have a guy in our ward translate it into Spanish.  I know it will bless so many people.  So right now we are at the mall and it is the weirdest thing ever.  It reminds me a lot of the Provo Towne Center.  My companions are cutting their hair.  I was thinking about cutting mine but it's $27 and that is a lot of money....so I am passing!  I feel like I am learning how to budget  & become more responsible with money here as well.  Honestly,  this is the best decision I've ever made .  It's hard but very worth it.  Just barely I was talking to Hna. Rivera.  I like her a lot. She is easy to talk to and she really is selfless and cares about people.  She goes home Dec. 19th.  Okay well I need to write Grandma Jensen and Jessica Jensen so I need to get going but I love you lots.  Keep doing great.  I loved the poem.  It made me cry.  It is perfect.  It's good that you express yourself. (Steve had sent her a poem he had written about Grandma Jensen.)  I hope to hear from you again soon.  Your letters and Mom's letters mean the world to me.  One more thing, I hope that you are keeping these letters or making a copy for me.  It will be a good journal for me when I get home!  I do  write in my journal but some stuff I don't have time to write!  I love you.  Take Care!  

Oh P.S: I just finished the Book of Mormon yesterday.  It's such a good book. The best book!  :)  Oh and I am being not to silly - I just like telling you some silly things.  I am being  a good missionary.  The Best I can! I still make mistakes & fall short but I am giving it my all. 
Love you!  <3
Kyns
(your little missionary) 


TYLER,
HOW ARE YOU DOING? I AM GOING TO TRY TO WRITE THIS LETTER IN ALL CAPS!  I KINDA LIKE THE LOOK OF IT BUT I NEED TO IMPROVE SOME OF THE SHAPES OF MY LETTERS.   IT IS A LOT EASIER TO READ.  :)  ANYWHO, HOW IS LIFE?  WHAT IS NEW IN THE LIFE OF TYLER RIFE?  HAVE YOU ALREADY GONE TO THE HALLOWEEN DANCE?  WHO DID YOU GO WITH AGAIN?  OUT OF THE FOUR GIRLS THAT ASKED YOU.  I HOPE KEN HAS TAKEN OVER THE "MEAN SCARY SISTER' THAT BRINLEE SAID I WAS!  BUT, SERIOUSLY, I REALLY HOPE YOU ARE MAKING GOOD CHOICES AND BEING GOOD.  DON'T DATE BAD GIRLS OR GIRLS THAT WILL BRING YOU DOWN.  IF THEY ARE...THEY AREN'T WORTH YOUR TIME.  THEY AREN'T GOOD ENOUGH.  BE NICE BUT DON'T GO WITH THEM.  :) I HEARD A QUOTE THE OTHER DAY THAT I LOVED.  IT SAYS SOMETHING TO THE EFFECT OF "YOU CAN'T LIFT SOMEONE TO HIGHER GROUND UNLESS YOU ARE ON HIGHER GROUND."  IF YOU WANT TO BE A GOOD MISSIONARY YOU HAVE TO HAVE A STRONG FOUNDATION & TESTIMONY OR YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO CONVERT ANYONE!  :)  HMMMM...LET ME THINK OF SOMETHING INTERESTING TO TELL YOU.....  HAHAHA!  SO WE ALWAYS PUT PICTURES OF JESUS IN ALL FOUR OF OUR CAR WINDOWS.  BUT WHEN WE FORGET TO HOLD ON TO HIM BEFORE WE ROLL DOWN THE WINDOW, HE ENDS UP GETTING ROLLED DOWN THE WINDOW INTO THE DOOR.  HE FALLS INTO THE DOOR.  I THINK THERE IS PROBABLY LIKE 5-7 PICTURES OF JESUS IN THE DOOR.  SO THE OTHER DAY I WAS OUTSIDE THE CAR & OUR PICTURE WAS ALMOST ALL THE WAY DOWN.  SO OUR WINDOW WAS A TINY BIT OPEN SO I REACHED IN AND TRIED TO GRAB HIM.  HERMANA RIVERA DIDN'T HEAR WHAT I SAID WHEN I SAID DON'T ROLL UP HE WINDOW AND SHE ROLLED IT UP.  SHE WAS ON THE PHONE AND MY ARM IS TOTALLY STUCK IN THE WINDOW.  I FINALLY GOT HER ATTENTION AND SHE FREAKS OUT AND ROLLS DOWN THE WINDOW.  HAHA  THEN THE JESUS PICTURE WENT INTO THE DOOR AND I RECEIVED A HUGE UGLY BRUISE FROM MY EFFORT TO SAVE OUR JESUS PICTURE.  :)  SHE FELT SO BAD!!!  IT WAS FUNNY!  BUT TELL ME ABOUT THE HALLOWEEN DANCE AND YOUR LIFE.  READ THE BOOK OF MORMON.  IT CHANGES PEOPLE.  
 
LOVE YOU TY!
WRITE ME SOON!  
<3  -KYNS

Tanner has his letter somewhere...I will have to post his later!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment